What is Bootstrap quick start with mobile first design bootstrap
Bootstrap is a Most powerful front-end framework for faster and easier web development. It includes HTML and CSS based design templates for creating common user interface components like forms, buttons, navigations, dropdowns, alerts, modals, tabs, accordions, carousels, tooltips, and so on.
Bootstrap gives your ability to create flexible and responsive web layouts with much fewer efforts.
Bootstrap was originally created by a designer and a developer at Twitter in mid-2010 and was officially launched in 2011. Before being an open-source framework, Bootstrap was known as Twitter Blueprint.
You can save a lot of time and effort with Bootstrap. So bookmark this website and continue on.
Learn Bootstrap Step by step
Here we are going to let you know the basic as well as advanced features of the Bootstrap step-by-step through the easy-to-understand explanation of every topic. If you’re a beginner, start with the basics and gradually move forward by learning a little bit every day.
There are a lot of things we can do with Bootstrap.
- You can easily create responsive websites.
- You can quickly create a multi-column layout with pre-defined classes.
- You can quickly create different types of form layouts.
- You can quickly create different varieties of the navigation bar.
- You can easily create components like accordions, modals, etc. without writing any JS code.
- You can easily create dynamic tabs to manage a large amount of content.
- You can easily create tooltips and popovers to show hint text.
- You can easily create carousel or image slider to showcase your content.
- You can quickly create different types of alert boxes.
The list does not end here, there are many other interesting things that you can do with Bootstrap. You will learn about all of them in detail in upcoming Articles.
Benefits to using bootstrap as front-end development
If you have had some experience with any front-end framework, you might be wondering what makes Bootstrap so special. Here are some advantages why one should opt for the Bootstrap framework:
- Save lots of time— You can save lots of time and efforts using the Bootstrap predefined design templates and classes and concentrate on other development
- Responsive features— Using Bootstrap you can easily create responsive websites that appear more appropriately on different devices and screen resolutions without any change in the markup.
- Consistent design— All Bootstrap components share the same design templates and styles through a central library, so the design and layout of your web pages will be consistent.
- Compatible with browsers— Bootstrap is created with modern web browsers in mind and it is compatible with all modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Open Source— And the best part is, it is completely free to download and use.
Bootstrap is responsive by default with a mobile-first approach. Bootstrap 3.3.7 is the most stable version of the Bootstrap and it is still supported for critical buggies and documentation changes. This version also compatible with IE8-9 browsers.
Getting Started with Bootstrap
Here, you will learn how easy it is to create a web page using Bootstrap. Before beginning, be sure to have a code editor and some working knowledge of HTML and CSS. If you’re just starting out in web development Well, let’s get straight into it.
Downloading the Bootstrap Files
There are two versions available for download, compiled Bootstrap and Bootstrap source files. You can download Bootstrap files from here.
The compiled is minified the better option is to use this version so that your website may load instantly.
There are three major files required to start with bootstrap
You can download these files and link with your file but you can also use them live from some CDN’s.
There are four font files (
glyphicons-halflings-regular.*) inside the fonts folder. These fonts file includes more than 250 icons from the Glyphicon Halflings set. these are also required to work with bootstrap fonts